Cabinet Office and Secretariat Services
- Provides operational and secretariat services to the Northern Territory Cabinet, Cabinet Sub-Committees, the Executive Council and the Remuneration Tribunal.
- Advises ministers and agencies on machinery-of-government matters, maintains the government’s Administrative Arrangements Orders and has a coordination role in managing a number of whole-of-government databases and reporting to Cabinet.
- Works with the NT Archives Services in relation to the annual opening of 30 year old Cabinet and Executive Council records.
- Provides a ministerial liaison service to the Department of the Chief Minister and Cabinet and its ministers.
- Manages the government’s election commitments database.
- Makes arrangements for the appointment of ministers.
- Provides a parliamentary liaison service for government including tabling of Government documents and regulations and coordination of responses to parliamentary written questions.
- Administers the Assembly Members and Statutory Officers (Remuneration and Other Entitlements) Act 2006.
- Advises and assists agencies on matters relating to government board administration and remuneration.
- Has responsibilities in respect of the NT (Self-Government) Act 1978, Audit Act 1995, Interpretation Act 1978 and the Electoral Act 2004.
- Manages the contracts of independent auditors to undertake a triennial strategic review of the NT Auditor-General's Office (NTGO) and a yearly audit of the NTGO's financial statements.
- Provides secretariat support to those committees chaired by the department’s CEO.
A copy of the Cabinet Handbook can be found on Territory Stories website.
Last updated: 14 April 2022
Share this page:URL copied!