Cabinet Office and Secretariat Services
- provides secretariat services to the Northern Territory Cabinet, the Executive Council and the Remuneration Tribunal
- advises ministers and agencies on machinery-of-government matters, maintains the government’s Administrative Arrangements Orders and has a coordination role in managing a number of whole-of-government databases and reporting to Cabinet
- coordinates arrangements for regional Cabinet visits
- works with the NT Archives Services in relation to the annual opening of 30 year old Cabinet records
- provides a ministerial liaison service to the Department of the Chief Minister and its ministers
- manages the government’s election commitments database
- makes arrangements for the appointment of ministers and NTPS chief executive officers
- provides a parliamentary liaison service for government including tabling of Government documents and regulations and coordination of responses to parliamentary written questions
- administers the Assembly Members and Statutory Officers (Remuneration and Other Entitlements) Act
- advises and assists agencies on matters relating to government board administration and remuneration
- has responsibilities in respect of the NT (Self-Government) Act, Audit Act, Interpretation Act and the Electoral Act
- provides secretariat support to those committees chaired by the Department’s CEO.
A copy of the Cabinet Handbook can be found on Territory Stories
Last updated: 06 May 2020
Share this page:URL copied!