Data platform technical notes
The data platform for the Story of Our Children and Young People 2021 is currently in development.
It will be finalised in late November 2021.
To provide feedback during the development stage, use the feedback form before 5 November 2021.
Technical notes for the data platform
The Story of Our Children and Young People data platform provides more extensive information than presented in the print version of the Story of Our Children and Young People, Northern Territory, 2021. This may result in minor differences between the data presented in the print version and the data presented in the data platform. There are three reasons for this variation:
- Population estimates vary slightly between different data sources
- The requirement for totals in the data platform to be summed from sub-regional data
- For some measures there are a small number of records with missing data for Aboriginal status, location or gender (when reported). Missing data is treated differently between the print version and the data platform:
- In the print version, records with missing data are included at the level for which data is available with a note reporting missing data for other levels of reporting. As an example, if an individual record does not have location data for a region, the item will be reported for the Northern Territory but excluded in the regional data.
- The operation of the data platform requires consistency of data between levels of reporting. This requires exclusion of the small number of records with missing data for location, Aboriginal status or gender at all levels of reporting. For example, if a measure presents data by Aboriginal status then records with missing data for Aboriginal status are excluded in the calculation of total counts for that measure.
For further technical commentary on the data, read Appendix I on page 128 of the Story of Our Children and Young People, Northern Territory, 2021 .
If you have a question about the data platform, you can send the team an email to email@example.com.
Last updated: 26 October 2021
Share this page:URL copied!