The Department of the Chief Minister and Cabinet plays a vital role in the economic, social and environmental development of the Northern Territory (NT) to deliver outcomes for all Territorians.
It is responsible for overseeing or coordinating major government strategies as well as positioning the NT to achieve those priorities in areas such as:
- early childhood
- Royal Commissions and inquiries such as the Royal Commission into Youth Detention and Child Protection
- Aboriginal Affairs
- renewable energy
- economic development
- Investment in the territory
- National Security and Defence
- Local Government and Community Development
- Aboriginal Interpreter Service (AIS).
The department is also responsible for:
- strengthening Cabinet and Executive processes such as obtaining information from, and directing work to be done by, agencies on behalf of the Chief Minister and Cabinet
- regional coordination of government policy and activities
- security and emergency response and recovery
- social policy
- Statehood strategic communications and engagement
- coordinating the recovery phase of emergencies
- coordinating government responses to issues or incidents of NT security
- coordinating the NT’s participation in the Council of Australian Governments (COAG) and the Council of Australian Federation (CAF).
Read more about the department's responsibilities in the Administrative Arrangements Order.
- Strategic Plan
DCM Strategic Plan issued August 2021 PDF (1.4 MB)
- Annuals reports
DCMC annual report 2020-2021 PDF (4.9 MB)
DCM annual report 2019-2020 PDF (8.2 MB)
DCM annual report 2018-2019 PDF (16.4 MB)
DCM annual report 2017-2018 PDF (2.4 MB)
DCM annual report 2016-2017 PDF (2.0 MB)
Annual reports 2001-2018
Email email@example.com to ask for this report in a different format. You can also request a copy of the earlier report.
Chief Executive Officer Dr Frank Daly
Organisational structure PDF (447.7 KB)
Hon. Natasha Kate Fyles
- Chief Minister
- Minister for Major Projects
- Minister for Defence.
Hon. Nicole Susan Manison
- Minister for Advanced Manufacturing.
Hon. Selena Jane Malijarri Uibo
- Minister for Aboriginal Affairs
- Minister for Treaty and Local Decision Making.
Hon. Paul Andrew Kirby
- Minister for Public Employment
- Minister for Veterans' Affairs.
Hon. Chanston James Paech
- Minister for Local Government.
- Cabinet Office - provides secretariat services to the Northern Territory Cabinet, Executive Council and the Remuneration Tribunal
- Government House and the Office of the Administrator - provide secretarial, hospitality, ceremonial and domestic support for the Administrator of the Northern Territory in Office and coordinates the maintenance and development of Government House buildings, grounds and equipment.
- Office of Aboriginal Affairs (OAA) - works in partnership with Aboriginal people and communities to deliver improved social, economic and cultural outcomes.
- Protocol NT - advises government on all aspects of protocol relating to ceremony, official hospitality and official visits to the Territory. The unit also coordinates arrangements for dignitary visits and manages the government VIP vehicle fleet.
Last updated: 31 October 2022
Give feedback about this page.
Share this page:URL copied!