About the Office of Aboriginal Affairs
The Office of Aboriginal Affairs (OAA) is the ‘single door’ into government on Aboriginal Affairs and provides whole-of-government strategic advice and coordination of Aboriginal Affairs at a local and national level. The office works in partnership with Aboriginal people and communities, as well as other government and non-government organisations, to deliver improved social, economic and cultural outcomes for Aboriginal Territorians.
- is the secretariat for the Aboriginal Affairs Sub-Committee of Cabinet
- leads whole-of-government strategic advice and innovative policy development on current and emerging Aboriginal Affairs policy matters at a local and national level
- guides the integration and coordination of Aboriginal affairs service delivery, program and policy development, including future investment responses across the Territory by government
- supports the enabling and encouragement of Aboriginal Territorians to participate in the NT economy, while fostering an ongoing connection to lands, languages and culture
- builds, maintains and strengthens partnerships with Aboriginal people, remote communities, businesses, the private sector and non-government organisations.
The Office sits within the Department of the Chief Minister, with the Aboriginal Affairs agenda a key focus for Government. The Minister for Aboriginal Affairs, the Hon Selena Uibo oversees the portfolio.
The work of the Office is guided by the APO NT (Aboriginal Peak Organisations Northern Territory) partnership principles.
Office of Aboriginal Affairs
Department of the Chief Minister
GPO Box 2605
Alice Springs NT 5781
Phone: (08) 8951 5183
Alice Springs office
Alice Plaza, Level 1
Todd Mall, Alice Springs 0870
Ph: (08) 8951 5183
NT House, Level 14
DARWIN NT 0800
Ph: (08) 8999 8567
Last updated: 05 June 2018
Share this page:URL copied!