Local Government Act 2008
This page provides information on the Local Government Act 2008, which is repealed 1 July 2021 and replaced with the Local Government Act 2019.
Guideline 2: Allowances for council members
Previously effective from 6 January 2011 and as replaced on 1 July 2014 to include West Daly Regional Council.
Guideline 3: Appointing a CEO
Guideline 4: Investments
Guideline 5: Borrowing
Guideline 7: Disposal of property
Guideline 8: Regional councils and local authorities
The Department of the Chief Minister and Cabinet issued general instructions pursuant to regulation 7 of the Local Government (Accounting) Regulations 2008.
- Local government specific exemptions
- Local government insurance procurement exemption
- Minister's local government dispensation of requirement to call for tenders
- Local Government - Extension to enter a supply contract for up to 5 years
- Table of maximum allowances applicable for 2017-18 .
- Table of maximum allowances applicable for 2018-19 .
- Archived guideline 8: regional councils and local authorities .
- Table of maximum allowances applicable for 2016-17 .
Last updated: 16 September 2021
Share this page:URL copied!