Global collaboration to accelerate a thriving net-zero emissions future
A significant commitment statement between INPEX CORPORATION (INPEX) and the Northern Territory Government has been signed to strengthen strategic collaboration with our largest export trading partner.
The commitment captures our complementary transition targets and initiatives, acceleration of carbon capture, utilisation and storage (CCUS) solution and realising new economic and social opportunities in a competitive net-zero-emissions future.
The non-binding agreement incorporates five pillars for strategic alignment, collaboration and synergy, with an agreed schedule of negotiation parameters to:
- increase liquefied natural gas (LNG) production capacity and expand the onshore production facilities at Bladin Point
- increase stable and clean energy supply and security for the Asia/Oceania region
- create a multi-user carbon capture and storage hub at the Middle Arm Sustainable Development Precinct, acknowledging INPEX’s strong intention to lead the project as an operator
- strengthen and increase local skills development, and services and supply capability by supporting Territory businesses and people as a platform for the future
- establishing renewable energy targets and technology, electrification, as well as nature-based solutions to support a net-zero society by 2050.
To find out more, go to the Our Territory Gas Strategy website.