Grants to support NT’s creative industries
The Territory Government has put $200,000 on the table to support the development of the NT’s creative industries.
Artists, arts workers and arts organisations can now apply for Arts Industry Development grants which opened this week.
Two grants are currently available:
- Accessible Arts – offering grants up to $30,000 that demonstrate the development and sustainability of the arts and disability sector.
- Sector Growth and Sustainability – offering grants up to $50,000 to support creativity, capability and sustainability of artists and arts organisations; including small to medium arts businesses that are recognised as high quality and contribute to the Territory’s arts sector through creative practice, business ingenuity and innovation.
The grants are part of the 2020-21 NT Arts and Culture Grants Program which includes:
- Arts and Culture COVID-19 Recovery Program
- Arts Projects
o Arts and Skills Development
o Presentation and Promotion
o Emerging Artists
- Arts Industry Development (formerly Strategic Arts Projects)
o Accessible Arts
o Sector Growth and Sustainability
- Career Development
o Creative Fellowships, Arts Residencies and Skills Exchanges
o Professional Development
- Strategic Initiatives and Partnerships
- Regional Museums Grant Support Program
- Arts Trail Gallery Extension Program
The NTACGP provides support for NT artists, not-for-profit arts organisations and the community, and invests in industry development to help grow the creative and cultural sectors; encourage artistic excellence and achievement; and provide opportunities for community participation.
Grant applications close on 22 February 2021 and can be submitted through grantsnt.nt.gov.au.